I can’t believe I’m writing this post. I finally finished the Simon Game, which is the last advanced front end development project, and earned my front end certificate from FreeCodeCamp!
I also continued using “user stories” to disaggregate the tasks into small, concrete steps, which made the initially daunting task much more manageable. I decided that the major tasks in the game is to:
-Let the machine play buttons and their associated sounds, in incremental steps (therefore an arrMachine variable, and a MachinePlay function)
-Create a variable to record the buttons the player plays (therefore an arrPlayer variable)
-Create a function to check whether the players buttons match the machine’s buttons, and if so, make the machine play again (a checkPlayer function)
(image below: how I broke down the seemingly daunting task into small, doable steps)
You can view my project on CodePen here. I’m still bewildered by the fact that I actually earned the front end certificate — a task that seemed so insurmountable a year ago! I’m planning to write a post to summarize my journey over the year, so stay tuned.